At a Special Congress of the International Weightlifting Federation held in Bogota Colombia this week, the IWF inducted Australian Weightlifting Federations Life Member Paul Coffa MBE into the IWF Hall of Fame.
Paul is the first person ever to be inducted to the IWF Hall of Fame for outstanding achievement in the field of Coaching and his record is truly remarkable.
In a career spanning 57 years, Paul Coffa has
- coached 540 international level athletes
- coached at 10 Olympic Games
- coached at 12 Commonwealth Games
- coached 104 Commonwealth Games Medals: 39 gold, 38 silver and 27 bronze
- coached 1 Olympic Gold Medal and 1 Olympic Silver Medal
- coached 3 Gold, 11 Silver and 10 Bronze Medals at World Championships
Membership of the IWF Hall of Fame is a fitting tribute to Paul’s contribution to the sport of Weightlifting and the Australian Weightlifting Federation proudly adds its congratulations and thanks to Australia’s Paul Coffa MBE, the newest member of the IWF Hall of Fame.